Juneteenth Freedom Celebration Richmond 2022 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or in Puerto Rico.
- DATES OF SWEEPSTAKES.Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 am Eastern Time on June 19, 2022 and ends at 7:00 pm ET on June 19, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older or the age of majority in their state of residence (which is nineteen (19) in Alabama, Nebraska, twenty-one (21) in Mississippi, and eighteen (18) in all other states) as of the date of entry (the “Entrant”). Void outside of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Officers, directors, managers, and employees of the Djimon Hounsou Foundation (the “Sponsor”), and each of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, consultants and agents, as well as immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each such person, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Sweepstakes (the “Independent Administrator”) (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family member” shall be deemed to mean husband, wife, children, mother, father, sister, sister in-law, brother or brother in-law. Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico, and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- HOW TO ENTER.Subscribe to our email newsletter at www.runrichmond1619.org.
- DRAWING/ODDS. On or about June 22, 2022, potential prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by the Sponsor Representative. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.To be eligible to receive a prize, all Entrants must have an address on file with the Sponsor or have provided an address when prompted at the time of entry. In the event that an Entrant has an incomplete address, the Entrant will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner will be selected in a random drawing.
The Djimon Hounsou Foundation gives away a total of three (3) free race entries to its Run Richmond 16.19 event for September 17, 2022 in the form of 100% Off Coupons. These coupons may be applied to any of the 3 race distances at the discretion of the winners. For details, please visit www.runrichmond1619.org.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS:Limit of one (1) prize per person/household.All prizes are non-transferable or assigned and no substitutions or cash redemptions; except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Each prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, including taxes imposed on his/her income. No more than the stated number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. Potential prize winners consent to the use of his/her name, likeness, for social media promotions without additional compensation (TN residents will not be required to sign a Publicity Release as a condition of winning a prize).
Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified by the Independent Administrator by email on or about June 22, 2022 (the “Notification”). Winners must respond to Notification within 5 business days of the Independent Administrator’s first Notification. In the event the Potential Prize Winner fails to respond to the Notification within 5 business days of the Independent Administrator’s first Notification to the potential winner or if it is determined by Sponsor and/or Independent Administrator, in their sole discretion, that a potential Prize Winner is not eligible in accordance with these Official Rules, an alternate Prize Winner will be selected at random from among the remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants and prize winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities, which are final in all respects and not subject to appeal. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify permanently from this Sweepstakes any Entrant it believes has violated these Official Rules and verify eligibility of Entrants. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any Entrant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants, and prize winners release the Sponsor and each and all of the Sweepstakes Entities, from any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or the receipt or use/misuse of any prize awarded, including, without limitation, liability for personal injury, death or property damage. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. All Sweepstakes materials are subject to verification and are void if (a) not obtained in accordance with these Official Rules and through legitimate channels, (b) any part is counterfeited, altered, defective, damaged, illegible, reproduced, tampered with, mutilated or irregular in any way, (c) are obtained where prohibited, or (d) they contain printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors. Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of Sweepstakes materials submitted to Sponsor. In the event any portion of this Sweepstakes is compromised by activities beyond the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes or this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use prize winners’ names, addresses (city & state), voices and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity, for this Sweepstakes only, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants, Sponsor, or Sweepstakes Entities. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and randomly draw from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date to award prizes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS.
- NO LIABILITY: By participating, Entrants and prize winners agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claims made by any Entrant, prize winner, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from receipt, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in any promotion related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
- USE OF DATA.By participating in the sweepstake, users sig up to the Run Richmond 16.19 newsletter which promotes upcoming events of the Djimon Hounsou Foundation.
- SPONSOR.Djimon Hounsou Foundation, 1155 La Cienega Blvd, Ste 1001, West Hollywood, CA 90069. This Sweepstakes shall not be published without the written permission of the Sponsor.